The last time I did a day in the life post Emma Claire was only 7 weeks old. I love looking back on it and seeing how life was when she was teeny tiny. Well, life has certainly changed since then! I want to do these posts more often because before I know it my baby will be gone and I will be reliving these sweet, simple days through these posts. Also, this post has about one million pictures. I'm pretty sure it's the most pictures in one post that I have ever done. If you make it to the end you should get a gold star!
So here it goes, a little glimpse into our daily life!
So here it goes, a little glimpse into our daily life!
I LOVE waking up to this sweet face! She woke up at 6:45am and I got her out of her crib and brought her to our bed to nurse her. It is hands down my favorite part of the day.
The hubs is the BEST and will take Emma Claire downstairs to play most mornings so I can get a little more sleep. Today I got up with her and let him sleep.
First thing in the morning she has her jumpy time. She plays and talks, she just loves it.
After I put the little one in her jumpy I go to let the dogs out.
I usually have a load of laundry in the dryer that needs to be fluffed and then folded. This morning was no different.
Little Miss thang has woken up some and really gets going! Her favorite thing to do when she's in her jumpy is to watch the dogs and yell at them. It's hilarious.
She usually gets tired of being in her jumpy after a while so I move her to the swing while I get breakfast ready. We have many "stations" during the day! I'm sure all of you Mommas can relate. I feel like I'm constantly moving her from one activity to the other.
This morning I made cinnamon twists. I just took biscuits, rolled them out, sprinkled cinnamon sugar inside, then rolled them up, cut the log of biscuits in half, twisted them, and baked them! Super simple and tasty.
After breakfast it's time for some floor play time. She usually does this in our room if we have to get ready and go somewhere. If not then we will play downstairs until morning nap time and then I will get ready. Today we had to go pick up a dresser I found on craigslist so I had to shower early.
Poor Emma Claire had to share the backseat with the dresser! PS the dresser is GORGEOUS and I cannot wait to show you, for now this is all you get to see ;-)
After picking up the dresser we went to Costco to do some grocery shopping and get gas. Someone was sleepy hehe Even Daddy couldn't cheer her up.
After going to Costco we ran to the farmers market on the way home. I just love our farmers market, it's right down the street from our house and it's so much fun to go to.
This week we just got some peach salsa. I had just been to the grocery and we didn't need any veggies or fruit.
When we got home Emma Claire took a much needed nap. While she was sleeping the Hubs left for work.
When EC woke from her nap we took a few pictures.
Is this not the CUTEST thing?! Love her baby sunglasses.
Baby toes.
I figured that I needed to get in a picture too!
After the photo shoot we went to the park for some swing time. Is this not the sweetest picture?! She was so happy and content in the swing today.
Love her intense face here. I wonder what she's thinking about?
After the park it was time for some more jump time.
I haven't mentioned this yet but...look who's little toes reach the ground now! No more folded up quilts!
While she played I did dishes...
and de-boned the Costco rotisserie chicken we bought.
We got two chickens so I froze one...
And made chicken salad with the other.
While I was making chicken salad Emma Claire watched Aladdin for the first time. Obviously she was thrilled. Ha! I'm pretty sure I was more excited about it than she was.
My dinner. Classy, I know. Love the paper plate, crystal goblet combo I've got going on. But I wholeheartedly believe that sweet tea tastes better in a fancy glass.
While I ate I also fed the little miss her dinner. Again, I had to record the first time Emma Claire "watched" another Disney classic, Beauty and the Beast.
After dinner it's in the bath!
Nightly tooth check. One is working it's way through her gums but I couldn't get a picture of it to save my life! Just take my word for it, it's there!
Whew. Can you tell it's bedtime? I just have to say that our nighttime routine is my favorite part of the day.While our daytime routine fluctuates, our nighttime routine is the same each and every day. It's such a special time for Emma Claire and I. I feed her dinner around 5:30pm, then in the bath by 6:00pm, she is dried off, powdered, and put in jammies by 6:30pm. Once she is all ready for bed we go downstairs and I nurse her and then she is in bed and asleep by 7:00pm or a little earlier.
Sound asleep. Such a beautiful sight.
Tonight I did a little Mommy manicure and painted my nails my new fav color. It's Turquoise Caicos by Essie. LOVE.
While waiting for my nails to dry I do my daily redfin search. Okay, okay...it was my fifth time to search redfin that day. I'm constantly checking to see if any new listings have popped up. In our area you have to act FAST if you want a house! The average time on the market for a house up here is 2-3 days, I'm not even kidding. It's insane.
Whew! What a day! It's amazing how hard it is to actually remember to take pictures all day long. I am so glad I did though, it will be neat to look back on this post in the future and see what our days were like when Emma Claire was almost six months old! And I feel the need for a disclaimer, not all of our days are this productive! ha! Most days of the week we hang out at home and play, there aren't any fun outings, I don't cook, and no chores are done. That is life though!
So that was our day! Thanks for reading along and taking a little peek into our life!



9 comments:
Such a busy day! But oh so cute pictures :)
Aw, I love these! Such a great way to document it in stages as she ages...hehe.
Can totally relate to the "stations!" Only, at 6 months old those stations are becoming less and less entertaining to my little man! I think once he masters sitting a little better he will be a little happier! Haha.
Oh, and you said morning was your favorite time of day...but then you said bedtime was. Haha.... I think you just love it all! :)
Sounds like you guys had a great day. That first picture of you & EC together is adorable!!! I did stations with both my girls too
I loved reading this! It's so fun to see how other Moms/babies spend their day! I've been meaning to do a post like this forever but I haven't. Now I'm motivated to do it ASAP! I love the picture of you and EC at the farmer's market. You look fabulous girl and she is just the cutest!
OKay, this is by far one of most fave posts to ever read.
She is such a little doll and I loved how you really did capture the day.
You are such a beautiful GOOD mommy! :)
Aw, I miss the stations! We had those all over the house! Now it's a free for all - just you wait! :)
I love posts like this. Totally going to try and do it soon! If I could only remember to take photos throughout the day . . .
I am going to try so hard to remember to do one of these posts--I love reading everyone else's!
I love the recipes that you post too--the biscuit/cinnamon twists look so delicious! :)
Post a Comment