If you have read my blog for any length of time then you know I love a big bow. Emma Claire rarely goes without a bow to match her outfit. I get asked about Emma Claire's bows often so I thought I would do a little blog post dedicated to them.
When I was pregnant I knew that if I had a girl I wanted to put bows on her pretty little head. Well when I found out that I was having a girl I was tickled pink and couldn't wait to start on her bow collection. Before I knew it I had assembled quite the little collections of bows. Some made by me and some purchased. I was all set to adorn Emma Claire's head with any type of bow.
Emma Claire started wearing bows at birth...
Her hospital hat was special ordered with the bow on it. We had to start off right!
Her newborn photo shoot included several different styles and sizes of bows.
When she was itty bitty she wore a few "big" bows.
She wore these smaller bows for the first few months of her life.
Then we graduated to mostly BIG bows! They're our favorite.
Just recently we "downsized" and bought some small bows for ponytail and pigtail purposes!
I mean come on, how cute is this?!
We have a rainbow assortment of bows.
As you can tell we LOVE our bows! And so do most people. We get some of the funniest comments and most are positive, although some aren't. You wouldn't believe some of the things people have said to me about Emma Claire's bows.
- "Oh my goodness..that bow ATE your baby!"
{My personal favorite}
- "It takes a certain personality to be able to pull off that look."
{I didn't even know how to respond to this one...}
- "She is just going to hate you for putting that on her head when she grows up."
{I've heard this one about 100 times and it is by far my LEAST favorite comment. It's a BOW people. On a BABY. Get over it.}
- "Wow...she doesn't try to rip that off as soon as you put it on her? I would..."
{yes. Seriously.}
- "Why would you put a bow on a boy?"
{Yes someone honestly said this to me. I couldn't tell if he was joking or not...}
- "If you don't stop putting bows on her head she won't have any hair, or she will have a bald spot from the bow."
{I can honestly report that there is nothing wrong with Emma Claire's hairline and she has a full head of fluffy blonde hair.}
I usually don't mind getting comments about her bows but I never thought that I would get SO MANY. We cannot go anywhere without being approached. Sometimes we feel like we're with a little celebrity from the amount of chatter we cause. As for the negative comments they don't bother me and never have. What does bother me is that people choose to have such a negative outlook on something that doesn't affect their life at all. I mean seriously, it's a bow on a BABY people. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. And it's not just strangers that have said negative things to me. I have had family say somewhat rude things as well.
All in all I love our bows, the Mr. loves our bows, and I'm pretty sure Emma Claire loves her bows and that's all that matters!
I mean how cool does she look in her big bow? ;-)
So you want to know where we buy our bows?
"Tiny" Ponytail Bows- Polkadot Posies 3" Pinwheel
"Small" Bows- Pokladot Posies 4.5" Solids
"Big" Bows- Polkadot Posies 6.5" ABC
As you can see we LOVE Polkadot Posies! Their prices can't be beat and shipping is incredibly fast. Erin, the owner, is a mommy to two and an awesome lady! She has a cute little video you can find HERE if you want to know a little more about her. I also follow her on twitter and facebook. She holds sales often and sometimes announces special deals!
Polkadot Posies did not compensate me in any way for this post. I just love them and get asked where we buy our bows so often I wanted to share!
SO there you have it! A little bow background. What about you, do you put big bows on your little ladies?







16 comments:
Oh you know i love a BIG bow too! We get comments too but we live in tx so big bows are more common here.
Oh we LOVE our big bows too! My first child was a boy and I was just dreaming that one day we would have a little girl so I could put big bows on her sweet little head. When I found out our second child was a girl I was just beyond excited! The bow collection started immediately and hasn't stopped. And we cannot go anywhere either without people stopping to say something about our sweet girl and her big bow. We haven't really had any negative comments though. Everyone just loves them!!
I love her bows!! Where did you find just the plain cotton looking headbands though that you can interchange the bows with? All I have seen are the stretchy ones with the holes.
We love bows too!! Thank you for the website info their bows are adorable and not expensive at all, which I'm all about
I have always put bows on Brianna, too. We even had one on her when we were being transferred from L&D to a Post-Partum room in the hospital when she was born! We also get TONS of comments about them all the time (although, less now that she's older). One person said to me (when Brianna was about 3 months old) that I was mis-shaping her head by putting bows on her. Seriously? I just laughed and walked away! Now, she always asks for a bow if I forget to grab one for her before we go somewhere. She loves them!
It sounds like bows on a baby cause as many negative comments as it did being big and pregnant. People suck. I love the bows!
BOWS!?!?!? WHY WOULD YOU PUT THAT ON A PRETTY LITTLE HEAD MALLORIE!!! GAH WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!!?? :)
Glad that you and I are both equally "insane" ha :)
Omg I hear ya sister!! People can be SO rude!!!! It is a bow on a baby!!! I lovethe comments when people have to stop to tell you how cute but hate rude people, I am sorry ( but I'm not sorry) but I am just as rude back to them! I can't stand unsolicited advice and I REALLY can't stand rude people! (especially about my baby!)
I need to check out that site for bows! You can never have too many!! :) I would also recommend One Little monkey on etsy! She runs deals through fb! We buy a lot of Olivia's headbands that you can clip bows to and the "fun" bows from! :)
This makes me laugh! Kate has had a bow in her hair since the day she was born. Not quite as big as EC's, but since Kate had a full head of hair from birth (that didn't fall out), we've used the ones with the alligator clips since she was born. So we can't go as bit- yet. She's gradually graduating to larger and larger bows. So far, we haven't had too big of a problem with her keeping them in. And I hope it stays that way! I definitely have a bow fetish too!
I've never ordered from Polka Dot Posies but I have seriously considered it and now you have convinced me! I need some little bows for ponytails!
I think Emma Claire's bows are absolutely FANTASTIC! Shame on the kill joy's who can't think of anything better to do than to slight a gorgeous baby girl and her lovely mom! My daughter (4 yrs old) will occasionally sport an oversized bow and headband and she is immediately complimented. Bows are right next to diamonds for girls, in my humble opinion! I love the look and why shouldn't a baby girl's beauty be celebrated early?! Way to go Mama! Sorry for the "haters" you've had to deal with. :)
Oh I'm all about a big, pretty bow! I need to look into this company bc my biggest bows for Adeline are ones that I made. Our wal-Mart has what u may call "medium" size that I buy for $1 each! We always get "oh look at that bow!" I have had people say that "that bow must get in her way". Oh people!! Love all of ECs bows!! Such a doll baby!
OH Mallorie....I love your daughter Emma! She is the cutest - and, those bows are over-the-top cute.
I love love love EC bows!
i love me some bows too! :) we are really just now branching out into the bow world. eleanor was so tiny i trouble getting headbands and bows to stay on her little head! but now she is getting some meat on her. i will have to order some from that shop. those are great prices! i have heard some of the craziest comments from people...."look at her, she hates having that on her head!" and "that's why her hair is not growing!" people are crazy! haha!
thats usually where i buy the girls bows too! cant beat her prices!
Post a Comment