3.21.2012

Yummy Yummy in My Tummy

Well today was a big day at our house! Emma Claire got rice cereal for the first time! After watching her watch us eat and reach for our food I decided it was a good time to start. Plus she has doubled her birth weight and can almost sit up on her own.

She didn't know what she was excited for...but she was excited!

"What did you people put in my mouth?!"

"Okay...add some fingers and it's not too bad..."

"Yes, I think I like it!!!"

All in all She got more on her face and bib than in her mouth, but that's okay! It was a fun "first" to experience on a night that we had Daddy home with us! We did it right before bath time and that's a good thing, she was a MESS afterwords! I can't wait to start making some actual "food" for her in a few weeks! I'm going to start with sweet potatoes, they were my favorite when I was a baby!



9 comments:

Joeylee said...

Yay EC. She looks like she enjoyed it. She is adorable

Beth Ann said...

Cute! We started with baby oatmeal...Holden didn't do well with it at all for a couple weeks it seemed like! Kept pushing it back out with his tongue! He's a pro now though and loves it. I found that we had to make it kind of thick for him to eat it well!

Courtney @ One Fine Wire said...

Solids are so much fun!!!

Emily Powell said...

Georgia LOVED oatmeal more than cereal. I swore she would eat her weight in it! Her first "foods" were banana and avocado at 4.5 months or so and she LOVED those as well!

Natalie said...

Cute!! :) we just started callyn on foods a few weeks ago and it has been so fun. She's now getting to the point where more ends up in her belly than on her face and bib, ha! ;)

Megan said...

awwww! YAY EC!!! =)

Olivia HATED rice cereal at first but now she likes it! We do oatmeal now too. I usually add apple sauce or bananas (even though bananas are recommended) but she has never had any "problems" passing her food! :)

We just started strawberries this week!! It is SO funny everytime you introduce a new food! I LOVE the "face!" haha

Anonymous said...

What a sweet sweet face! You will be SO glad in years to come you have this blog to look back on and see her "grow up" all over again!

Love this!!! =)

allie-mac-fallie said...

too cute! and guess what?! this past monday we started rice cereal... I'm behind again on my blogging...

Cheerful Homemaker said...

I like the yuck face in the second picture. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...