For several months the Hubs and I have talked off and on about sponsoring a child through Compassion International. We knew we wanted to, but with a newborn our conversations were often interrupted and the idea was put on the back burner. I have scrolled through the images of children waiting for a sponsor countless times, but could never choose. Boy or Girl? Africa, Asia, Central America, Caribbean, or South America? Younger child or teenager? The options were endless.
Well today I was determined to find THE child for our family to sponsor. I decided to search in Africa and I right away I found Felicia. Her face drew me in and I knew she was the one we were meant to help. The hubs had already left for work so I called him and filled him in. He was on board and excited. He too had scrolled through the images and had a hard time choosing a child. He was confident that I was led to the right child for us.
So without further ado I want to introduce you to Felicia!
Isn't she adorable?
There was just something about her sweet little face.
I knew she was the one God wanted our little family to help. She is four years old and lives with her mother in a small town in Togo, Africa. I can't wait to get more information about her and to begin sending her letters!
Do any of you sponsor children through Compassion?



8 comments:
She is precious. What a blessing you will be to her. That's wonderful, Mallorie! All for God's glory. :) Felicia (and her mommy) has no idea the blessings in store for her from a God who loves her!
So sweet of you and your hubs to do this! We sponsor Stellah from Kenya and have been so blessed by her already. It is so fun to write and pray for these children. You will be blessed, I am sure!
Good on you and the hubs. She is adorable!!!
She is darling and this is such a wonderful thing you are doing. I have had this on my "to do" list for quite some time and thank you for the reminder to get going on it!
She is just precious! John and I sponsor a little girl through World Vision. It is so rewarding and I just love getting and sending her letters! Yall will love it too!
She is so adorable! How sweet!
Your Compassion girl is so so cute! I know that you are making such an amazing difference in her life!
I run a child sponsorship program for kids in Jinja, Uganda where 100% of any donation benefits the kids! Feel free to check out our site! So many of these kids in Uganda still need a sponsor! All the kids live in unimaginable poverty.
Their daily meals consist of porridge for breakfast, beans and cornmeal for lunch and supper.
This is what they are served at school. At home they get even less or don't eat at all.
They live in mud huts and have no running water or electricity.
You can write them letters and they will write to you.
It's such a rewarding thing to do.. Sponsorship of one child is only $15 a month!
They get 2 meals a day at school, an education and a small gift each month.
What can you get with $15? Not much. But to them its life changing!!!
We are a 501( c) 3 Charity. http://www.auntiesangels.com/beasponsor.htm
Post a Comment