5.27.2012

You Asked, I Answered

First of all, thank you to everyone who asked a question! I was so nervous that I wouldn't get any questions! ha! Y'all asked some great ones and I'm excited to answer! I hope that you learn a little bit more about me through this. And you've been warned...it's long. I decided to just answer all questions in one post. So here goes nothing!

 Where did you get her pool? I've looked all over the place for one like it.
I got her pool at Wal-Mart! I LOVE it! I think before the summer season is over I may grab a few more. You just never know what they will have next season! This is also a great little thing to have for little ones who are just learning to sit up! I love letting Emma Claire play inside without any water. I know other people fill pools with balls and make it a ball pit! The ideas are never ending with a blow up pool.

Is your hair red/strawberry blonde? I always think your hair looks so perfect!
Ha thanks, Emily! It is strawberry blonde. When I was younger it was more blonde and as I get older it has been getting darker. Although, in the summer it tends to get a little lighter.

How much does EC weigh/growth %? she looks so petite to me.
I'm not sure about her growth % right now but she is right around 17 pounds! I have had a few people tell me that she looks "so tiny for her age" lately. She hasn't ever gotten those comments before. So she must be going through a growth spurt because she is really long!

How long will y'all be living in the area you do now? will you ever move back to TX? But wait, the hubs family doesn't live in TX do they?
I am from Texas and the hubs is from Georgia. (We met in Texas at Baylor) We would LOVE to move back to Texas someday. My entire family lives there and so do my brother-in-laws. My in-laws also have a house there so Texas would be an ideal place to move! As of right now we are here indefinitely, however our plans could always change and you never know what God has in store ;-)

How do y'all plan to space the babies in your family?
Oh lordy, the question of ALL questions! I think everyone feels that way! We really aren't sure. I would LOVE to have another little girl right now and I'm almost tempted to say that if I was 100% sure I would have a girl now I would be ready for another. That said...we are NOT considering another little one for several years. I really would like to go back to teaching and since I'm certified Pre-School-6th grade I can go "back" when Emma Claire is Pre-School age!
Are you thinking public/private or home school?
I'm pretty sure we will be doing public school. I went to public school for all of my grade school and high school years and then attended a private university. The hubs went to private school his entire school career. I think that all options are great but for us I plan on teaching in public school so Emma Claire will attend where I teach. 

What other names did you consider other than Emma Claire?
We considered the names Charlotte, Caroline, Claire, and Kensington (yes, seriously!)

Are you a teacher?
I was before Miss Emma Claire arrived. Since she was due in October I opted to not search for a job when we moved here.

What kind of work does your husband do?
He works in Law Enforcement. 

 What books are you reading right now?
Oh I wish I was reading more than baby books! I did read the newest Nicholas Sparks book a few months ago but to be honest it was the first book of his I didn't like and I can't even remember the title of it. I do LOVE to read. I "devour" books, as my Mom says. I love romance novels so my fav authors are Nicky Sparks, Jude Deveraux, James Patterson, and of course Nora.

Do you own an iPad, and if so, tell us about the apps that you can't live without.
I don't BUT I have an iPhone and I cannot live without Instagram (Find me: MallorieGayle), the twitter app, redfin is an excellent app for house hunting and we have used it a lot lately, zillow has a great mortgage payment estimator that is so helpful when looking at properties, and I think that's it. I use other apps but those are my favorites. 

What kind of camera do you own? What photo editing program do you recommend?
I have a Canon Rebel Xsi and I LOVE it! I use PicMonkey and it is THE BEST free photo editing app out there. Love, love, love. 

What has been the most challenging thing for you as a parent so far??
Breastfeeding (by far the HARDEST thing I've ever done but SO SO worth it!) and sleep training,

How many kids do you want?
I would like to have at least two,  and we haven't decided if we want more than that. We will just see!

I know you've said you were a teacher, but what grade did you teach before EC? 
Before Miss Emma Claire I was actually an intern and co-taught 3rd/4th grade gifted students and first grade. I still haven't had a classroom of my very own and it's one of my biggest desires. I have been very torn with staying at home and teaching. Right now staying at home is the best decision for our little family but in the future I plan on going back!

 How did your husband propose?
He recreated our first date (dinner, movie, walk around the Baylor campus), then took me to the bridge on campus where we had our first kiss and proposed! After he had a HUGE party planned! My parents drove down and all of our friends were there. It was an amazing night.

What reality tv do you watch?
I'm a weirdo and don't watch "typical" reality TV. I love storage wars, pawn star, s, HGTV/food network shows ;-), intervention, and there are more but I can't really think of anything else now!

If you could take a family trip anywhere, where would you go?
Oh gosh...I would love to go somewhere tropical. I've never been to Hawaii and the hubs hasn't been in years so that would be my first pick! I would also love to go to Italy. I'm not sure if it's the lack of dairy but I would love to experience REAL Italian food!

Can you give us some photography tips? Your pics of EC are the cutest!
Aw thank you! My biggest tip would be to take LOTS of pictures. For every one that is "good" I would be willing to bet I took 10-20 that weren't! Although, if your subject isn't a seven month old wiggle worm you can probably get away with less!

How do you get your photos to look so natural?
I take LOTS! Also it helps that my child is completely used to the camera now. I also shoot "blind" most of the time. I focus the frame on her then poke my head out next to the camera to talk to her/make faces/noises/dance around. I just hope that I get some good ones and don't chop her head off ;-)

How many photos do you think you take for every one that makes it to the blog?
HA. Don't laugh or judge me but probably 100. Like I said I take LOTS of pictures. On my desktop right now I have 1,400 pictures for May. And I have taken over a thousand on my phone. I have to dump my phone about once a week.

Do you have a favorite place for making photo prints? Do you give them special instructions?
I love Costco and shutterfly. No special instructions.

Do people ever ask you to photograph them, their dogs or their kids, since you do such a great job?
I am actually in the process of starting a photography business and am starting by shooting my friends engagement pictures! I have been asked to do a few other things as well. So if you know anyone that needs pictures taken... ;-)

If you could be a fly on a wall, what wall in what room would you like to be in and why?
Um, I would love to be a fly on the wall in the oval office of the White House. I bet there are some pretty interesting conversations that have taken place there over the years! ha!

Do you believe that same sex couples should get the same right as heterosexual couples? If not, why?
Heavy question. I do believe that same sex couples should have legal rights within their union, especially when children are involved. Having said that I do want to say that I believe that marriage is a union between a man and a woman. I am not one to judge, and I am not necessarily against same sex marriage (even though my views are different). Who should I be to judge what works and is best for other families?

What is your favorite kind of day like with EC?
I love days when she is in a good mood all day. AKA not when she's teething! ha! I also love days when the hubs is home. We tend to have WAY more fun when he's around!
What are your favorite hobbies aside from EC? ;)
I love photography, reading, running (need to start that again! ha!), cooking and baking, decorating and looking up decorating ideas,
What do you and hubs do to keep the romance alive after having a baby?
We really try to make his nights at home "date-ish". We like cooking a nice meal, having some wine, and relaxing together. That being said...most nights we end up watching TV and going to sleep early! It's hard with a little one. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! ;-)

Do you have any kind of schedule for yourself as far as grocery buying/cooking/cleaning, etc. goes?
Oh I wish...I had grandiose plans for this but they fell apart miserably when we decided to move. I do clean the kitchen every day. I can't stand a messy kitchen. I also TRY to do laundry each day. Every night after the little one goes to sleep I clean up and straighten everything. I also clean our bathroom every few days, I can't stand a messy/dirty bathroom. When we move I plan on starting an intense cleaning schedule! As for groceries we try so hard to not go to the store often because nothing good comes from that! ha! Again, once we move I want to get a good grocery regimen started.

What grade would you like to teach in the future if you go back?
In my Junior year of college I taught Kindergarten and it was hands down my favorite. I LOVED it. Although I have taught older kids and I loved that as well. My heart says that I need to work with little ones but I also know that if I was hired for a 3rd/4th position I would fall in love with them just as much. 

Where is EC's bathing suit from in this picture? It's adorable!
hehe thank you! it's from Target! Almost all of hers are from there!

Like I said, great questions y'all! I hope you had fun reading..although that was a LOT! If you read it all then I'm impressed! haha
 And in case you were wondering, today was just one of those days... 
 I'm sure you all can relate. I'm exhausted and am about to go to bed. 
Ready for a new day tomorrow.







5 comments:

cait said...

So fun learning more about you! Not sure how I missed it, but what state are you located in now?

Love that pic of her at the end. Isn't it odd how they just have THOSE days. keep your head up, Momma. You do a fabulous job!!

I hope your dream of having your own classroom comes true for you in God's perfect timing!! It's SUPER exhausting, but so worth it at the end of the year. However, on that note, I am RELIEVED to share a classroom with another teacher next year and only be half-time. Praise the Lord! The grass is always greener, huh?! ;)

Beth Ann said...

Enjoyed learning more about you. :)

Yeah...I don't have a schedule for myself either. I'm a little relieved to know you don't! ;)

Lyndsey said...

I always get big cooking/cleaning ideas in my head and they rarely ever actually happen! I blame pinterest for overwhelming me with too many good ideas :)

Those two picture of EC are hilarious! We definitely have those days!!

Megan said...

I love this post! I agree with above, it is fun learning more about you!!! I may have to do a q&a post too since I just made it to 100 followers! yay!! :)

allie-mac-fallie said...

I love this post (sorry I didn't ask you any questions publicly lol)

I love how much HAIR EC is getting, its sooo cute! RG is getting a LOT more but its still just fuzz :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...