5.05.2012

Best Garage Sale Day EVER!

I'm just going to start by saying that I have ALWAYS wanted to write a blog post like this. I am literally re-living my excitement from today all over again! Since moving to Virginia I have had ZERO luck at garage sales. That all changed today. I'm not sure if it's because it was the first weekend in May but all of the big neighborhoods around here had HUGE community garage sales today. The hubs, Paige, Emma Claire, and I all headed out early this morning not expecting to find much. I am SO glad we were pleasantly surprised.

One of the first garage sales we stopped at had a TON of baby toys. Most of them were brand new, still in boxes. I kid you not. Paige and I were SHOCKED. Almost everything we got looked brand new, or WAS brand new.
I got all of this for $19. Yes, $19.

Emma Claire LOVES her new walker. She was kind of confused about how to use it though. She kept trying to bounce and only moved backwards! ha! $7.

Even Daddy found a fun baby thing just for him! Like new carrier. $7.

LOVE these new outfits I found! All for $1 each. Some still have tags! Total $8.

I am obsessed with this sweet iplay swimsuit! Only $3!

Brand new Eric Carle puzzles. I'm going to use these as wall art in Emma Claire's playroom at our new house! Only $5.

The hubs also found an electric mower at a "man garage sale"! He has been looking for one for weeks! It was a GREAT day! I am just so excited because I have been thinking that Emma Claire is going to need "standing" toys soon, and I was starting to look for some! SO glad that I found all of these for a great price.

Also, next weekend our Neighborhood is having a community garage sale and we will be having our own! And just for grins and giggles..here is my little princess after all of the garage sale-ing. She was wiped out
Sweet cheeks was a huge hit at each garage sale we went to.


9 comments:

Megan said...

You lucky duck!!! WOW!! You really did good!! What great finds!! (and steals!)

I love garage sales too! I am dying for some around here! I want to have one as well but need the weather to warm up!! :)

Tami said...

Girl! You hit the jackpot! I love garage sales and can't wait to hit some up when I'm home this summer! Yay for great deals!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

I cant believe you got that carrier, awesome!!

Joeylee said...

Wow I agree you hit the jackpot. You got a lot of great stuff. I wish we had good garage sales like that around our neighborhoods.

Lyndsey said...

Wow girl, you hit the jackpot! Will would kill for a backpack thing like your husband found! And I love her new swimsuit!

Beth Ann said...

Wow, SO awesome! I think the carrier for $7 is almost the most impressive! Those things are usually expensive! Such great finds!!!

Kristen said...

Great finds Mallorie!!! Emma Claire will love all of it, and look styling while she's at it! :)

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

SCORE! This almost never happens!!! What a huge blessing! (The fact that it makes for a fun blog post isn't too bad either. Lol. ;)

Cheerful Homemaker said...

LOVE yard sales, especially now that we have a little one. Finding good boy clothes is always hit and miss. Glad to see you found some bargains!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...