5.14.2012

My First Mother's Day

I had such a wonderful first Mother's Day!  

Emma Claire made me such a sweet card!

HA! I just love this card! So true!

Here is my card from the hubs.

 So sweet. He actually gave it to me on Thursday because he was on a business trip and wasn't sure if he was going to make it back in time for Mother's Day. Thankfully he made it back!

We managed to get a good picture of the three of us before church! I LOVE Emma Claire's face. She's thinking, "Seriously people...you want to take a picture together?"

The sweet princess that made me a Mommy. I love her so much.

HAHA! I love that she makes this face ALL THE TIME now! She wrinkles her nose and SNORTS! It cracks me up!

Funny side story about the snorting. In church yesterday they had a bunch of baby dedications. One of the dads made a funny comment when introducing his son, and everyone in the congregation laughed. Well once the laughing had stopped there was a silence in between the introductions. Emma Claire took that opportunity to giggle and then snort several times SO LOUD! Everyone cracked up. 

After church we went to Panera for lunch!

Sophie is like the fourth member of our family. 

Baby girl and I at lunch. She was in such a good mood! I still can't believe that last year on mother's day I was pregnant with her and today she is in my arms.

Sadly Daddy had to go to work after lunch so Emma Claire and I had plenty of Mother-Daughter time. We took a nap, played in the pool, and went to the park.

I just can't get over this picture. She look like such a little lady in her hat!

I am thinking about painting my yard sale chair yellow. I just love this.

HER FACES. They never cease to ammuse me. She is a hoot.

I have figured out that if I can't get a smile there is one sure fire way to get one. Call Grammy and put her on speaker phone. She smiles Every. Single. Time. It's the cutest thing ever. 




After pool time we went to play at the park. 

 
There is nothing like a baby in a swing. Especially in a big bow and trumpette socks!

 I had a GREAT day! I decided to top off the day with Chipotle for dinner because I just had no interest in cooking! ha! On the way out of the neighborhood I spotted something in the middle of the road, so I stopped to get a closer look. Turns out it was a TURTLE! Emma Claire and I rescued him and released him into a pond. More on that in a future post! But I can now add "turtle rescuer" to my list of many titles! ha!

I am so grateful that this beautiful baby made me a Momma.
 I am so blessed and could never have imagined that motherhood would be as amazing as it is. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day as well!

linking up {here}

9 comments:

Joeylee said...

sounds like your 1st Mother's Day was awesome. that card is too cute. cute pictures

Tami said...

What a wonderful first Mother's Day you had! I'm so glad your hubby was able to make it home to spend the morning with y'all. That is so funny that Emma Claire snorted in church! Silly girl! Love all of the pictures. You guys are such a cute family and EC is too adorable!

Matt and Meg said...

Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day! Your daughter in that bathing suit and hat is tooooo cute!

Natalie said...

What a perfect day! Callyn does the laugh snort too. And this monster face thing. Once she did it in church too and had whole row of people just in stitches!

Megan said...

I'm dying laughing about her snorting in church and she is ADORABLE in her bathingsuit and floppy hat!!

Those cards are SO sweet!!

Glad you had a great 1st mothers day!! I kept thinking the same thing about how last year I was pregnant on mothers day!!! We didn't find out the gender so I thought Olivia was a boy and I kept saying I wanted a girl!! Mothers day wish come true!!! Our girls truly are the BEST gift ever!!! :)

Dina said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day. You look beautiful in your yellow dress!

Kristen said...

Oh the snorting pic - I die! SO cute!

Cheerful Homemaker said...

She snorts? Too funny! I think there needs to be a video!

Happy Mother's Day! :)

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

Such pretty family pics! LOVE that card from Emma Claire. What a sweet girl. ;) Lol.

The church-snorting story cracked me up! You have one hilarious baby on your hands.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...