12.20.2011

Thankful Tuesday

First of all, thank you all so much for the great advice and sweet comments!!! After talking with my pediatrician we decided it was best for me to not bring her in for her to check on Emma Claire. There's a lot of sickness going around right now and it's not worth it to bring her in. We also discussed bringing a diaper up for her to look at but she feels that it really is a dairy sensitivity. She said she would tell me to go dairy free, but I'm already doing that so she said to keep doing what I'm doing! If I don't see a change in a week then she wants me to call back. It's only been three days off dairy and could take weeks for her to be better :-( Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later!

So today I am so thankful for my sweet husband. He works so hard and by the time he gets home each night he is just exhausted. And when I say he "works hard" I don't mean he works hard all day long crunching numbers or working in an office (not that those people don't work really hard!). He physically works hard all. day. long. He spends his day training, working out, shooting, and practice fighting (yes...fighting, you should see some of his bruises!) While I can't tell you what he's training for...I can tell you that I am SO impressed by what he does all day long! Anyways, this morning before he left he wrote me some sweet notes! I used to get up with him when I was pregnant and would always make sure that his lunch was packed with a note from me, and this was the first time he wrote me little notes. I was so excited!

Sad but true...I always do dishes before bed. Last night however it took little bit forever to fall asleep so I just went straight to bed. This was a nice surprise to wake up to :-)

So cute :-) Made my day!

I am also thankful for this sweetie...

During morning playtime she loves to be propped up and "talks" to the little cat that hangs off the top of her play mat. It's the cutest noise!

I cannot tell you how THANKFUL I am that she likes her swing!!!


I know I've mentioned it a million times...but it really does help her sleep better and longer! At night I let her fall asleep in the swing before moving her to the bassinet and it has worked like a charm every time! Although this brand of swing I am not thrilled with. It's a Graco and it literally stops swinging CONSTANTLY. I'm always having to reset it...not even kidding. If we had the receipt we would TOTALLY take it back. And I can't figure out how to get it to swing consistently. Sometimes it will swing for an hour and sometimes it will swing for 30 seconds. FRUSTRATING!

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday!


5 comments:

Emily Powell said...

Glad you talked to the dr. It's always nice to have peace of mind. Our dr. office just added a new "well patient" area that is on the opposite side of the buiding so the sick babies and the well babies have different sides of the building and waiting areas. It's really nice...they don't even have to come in the same door!

Emily said...

Do you know where the swing came from?? Take it to Target or Babies - they'll take things back (ESPECIALLY with defects!!) usually without a receipt if you exchange it for something else, or get store credit! Take it back, girl!!! :)

Cheerful Homemaker said...

I wish we had purchased a swing that you plug in.

I always make our pediatrician appointments for first thing in the morning or right after lunch so I don't have to hang out in the waiting room with sick kids.

Kristen said...

Definitely take the swing back! Look online to see if Target has the one you have, and just take it back there. They should take it back since it doesn't work and will give you store credit for what it's priced at.

Arlene G said...

I loved the note your hubby left for you. After being married for 35 years I can attest to the fact that the little things you do for each other speak volumes! When my husband takes out the trash or empties the dishwasher for me, it makes me so happy! Keep doing those kind things for each other!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...