9.29.2011

It's Okay...and a little Nursery Peek!

So I figure it's okay if one side of my kitchen looks like this...


And the other side looks like this...


And it's okay if most of my new fall decor is here...waiting to be put up. Since the rest of my decorations are still in storage containers in the garage ;-)


It's okay that my dogs had TWO..count 'em..TWO accidents today. One had a #1 accident and the other thought it was a great idea so she decided to pee right behind me while I was working in the baby's room. Can I mention right now that my dogs NEVER have accidents, and we had JUST been outside...

Luckily I am prepared to handle dog messes thanks to my Mother :-) She made sure I had all of the essential cleaning supplies while she was here.

All of that is okay because today several WONDERFUL things happened...

My Scentsy order arrived!!!

How can this not make a girl happy?!

Drum roll please....

Today we also put her crib bedding together!

I could  not love her bedding MORE! :-)

And you might be wondering about the bows...well this is what they looked like BEFORE I got a hold of them...

Ummm yeah. I was NOT a fan. The strings weren't long enough and all of the bows ended up looking very sad. So I took some extra hair bows and attached them on top! I only had 4 extra pink so I'll be making more tomorrow to attach to all of these sad little bows.

I know it's a super small, simple detail, but I just LOVE this look so much better!!!

Also here's a fun teaser...

I finished the chandelier today as well! I decided that it deserves it's own post...but until then here's a little sneak peek ;-)

LOVE.


13 comments:

Texas Girl said...

AH! I'm so excited you got your Scentsy order!! Hope you love it! :-)

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

You are genius! The ties on that bumper are beyond pathetic. Yours are oh.my.too.cute!!!!

Bedding = adorable!!!
Chandelier = love at first visually-impaired sight! Ha!

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

So maybe that should be "visually-hindered"...I don't know...but you get the drift. It's late. I'm tired. Trying to be funny is bombing out. ;)

Laura said...

Love the new bows...it really does make it look so much better! I can't wait to see everything together. You are so crafty!

Arlene G said...

YOU are so creative Mallorie! And I love that bedding..supercute!

Marcie said...

Awww Mallorie it looks so cute!!!!!
The dogs are getting jealous already... I worry how mine will act when we have a baby. There good with kids, but I know it will be different for them. I have heard that they will regress and do anything to get attention (peeing all over the house sure gets my attention!)
Hopefully they will adjust to the new baby quickly!!!!
And I had never heard of that cleaning combination...

kimert said...

Yay Scentsy! And I Lol'ed at the kitchen. That's usually how my house looks. Love the bows added to the crib bedding...clever!

Jill said...

i can only imagine we would be two peas in a pod...my kitchen and fall decor look just like yours since we only moved 2 weeks ago...sitting pretty all ready to find a home somewhere in the mess i call my house right now!
crib-adorable!
bows-i'm stealing it!
dogs-will be dogs!

Kristen said...

So cute, LOVE the bedding! Can't wait to see the final product! :)

Joeylee said...

love the bedding, love the bows, love that chandelier. Cant wait to see the whole nursery.

Cheerful Homemaker said...

Love the bedding! I'm jealous of all your cute fall decor. We definitely do not have much.

As for the dogs... they can sense change. They know something big is about to happen and sometimes it causes them to act out.

Dina said...

I LOVE the bedding and the bows are the perfect touch!

MarlaJen said...

I absolutely adore the bows on the crib set. What a wonderful idea. So lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...