Lately the Hubs and I have been getting back into the swing of things, including cooking! I think that the smell of home cooked food really makes a house feel more like a home. While I did do some cooking before he came home, it was hard to cook for one so my meals were much simpler and easier was better :-) Now that he's home I've had fun cooking for him again! Cooking is one of my favorite things to do at the end of a long day. I know that sounds like the opposite of how most people feel, but it really does help me to relax! Our "first meal" together at home was pan seared tilapia, wild rice and green beans. Seriously the easiest dinner EVER! It took all of about 20 minutes!
I used Wegman's pan searing flour to cook the tilapia, if you have a Wegmans near you...go get some of their pan searing flour! It is wonderful!!! It gives you a "fried" crunch without actually frying the food! Genius!
A few days ago we got a little cool front and the temperatures dropped down into the 50's at night and low 60's during the day so of course I had to make SOUP!
Potato soup is one of the Hubsters favorites, I love it too! There's just something about this soup that I LOVE! Maybe it's the cheese and bacon we get to add on top ;-)
You can't have soup without grilled cheese! I made these with fresh french bread and they were amazing! Much smaller than with regular bread but that's okay!
Since it was cool outside and I had all of the windows open I just HAD to bake something "fall" for dessert. I grabbed some apples, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla and pie crust and made my own version of an "apple braid" that I found HERE on Pinterest! She made hers with homemade bread, I used pie crust. I also added more ingredients, I wanted some sugar in mine! ;-) It turned out WONDERFULLY! I was somewhat skeptical, but I was surprised! The Hubster LOVED it! I think I'll be making this a lot more this fall!
I had some extra pie crust and filling so what did I do? Make mini apple pies of course!!! :-) They were TOO CUTE and super easy!
If anyone wants the "recipe" for the apple mixture I'll try to do another post about it! I didn't really pay attention to how I made it this time, I just kept adding ingredients until I liked the taste!!! I'm going to make this again and write down how I made it so I can share!
7 comments:
Yum! You are making me super hungry. :)
Gosh, now I am hungry! All of that looks great! I love soup and grilled cheese but I usually do tomato w/grilled cheese. Never thought about doing gc on french bread. Thanks for that idea!
mmm those all look great... I really wish i had the motivation to cook haha a box of brownies is about all I feel like doing these days ha ! :)
We make tilapia all the time. LOVE it! Yes, super easy and quick. My kind of meal. Love wild rice, too.
I have never thought to make grilled cheese with french bread! I make french toast with it all the time (this morning, actually!), but I have to try the grilled cheese. I'll just make two instead of one...for me. :)
Seriously, those little apple pies are too cute! The whole thing looks so good. I wish I had more time for baking! I'd still love to have the recipe when you get a chance...for when I get a chance. Lol. :)
Sophisticated Steps
Don't you just LOVE Wegmans?!! it is THE BEST!!
I love cooking at the end of the day too...it relaxes me! I would love that apple braid recipe. I just bought apples this week to make baked apples....that looks even better!
yum, all of this looks delicious! the apple braid is beautiful! what a great idea. thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment