7.22.2011

Just a little update on life...

There are so many other things I wish I was writing about right now... I  wish I was writing this blog post about our new house...but it's not official yet and I'm not about to jinx it! So hopefully I will be able to tell you all about our new home soon!!! This is also the first week that I've been a big slacker on my weekly baby updates! I just haven't felt cute enough lately for a picture...but I'll force myself to take one soon, at least before I'm into my next week! Now on to my little life update :-)

I'm back in TEXAS!

After traveling for five weeks I'm finally back home! I missed these little faces while I was gone and it's good to be back with them! :-)



I've started making bows again!

And the dogs have been my little models ;-)



I've been running lots of errands with Mom...

Which usually means a trip or two to Costco, I LOVE their berry smoothies! YUM!


Some good news:

- My Mom and I found an antique dresser that will be featured in the nursery! I can't wait to share! My camera is not cooperating currently and I want a really good picture to show it off! It's going to be painted, but I'm not sure what color yet...look for a complete nursery post coming soon!

- I've been making lots of bows lately and I just got a bunch of new ribbon! I'm thinking about selling some, anyone interested? Seeing as you'd be my guinea pigs...I'm sure you'd get a great deal ;-)

Some not so good news:

- I cannot get my camera to work! UGH...and to clarify it's not the ACTUAL camera, it's my memory card, it keeps locking in the "card write protected" position! So it looks like I may be getting a new card if I can't fix it!

- I've been at the doctors office one time too many this week :-( After my initial glucose screen they said my numbers were a little high and wanted me to come back for the three hour test. GREAT. Although after a little research I found out that what I ate for breakfast before my screen was ALL WRONG. They told me to just eat what I normally would. Well, lately that has been cinnamon life cereal and a banana...which has LOTS of sugar! When I asked the nurse about it at the three hour test she said that's probably why I got called back in. Gee thanks people, that would've been good to know!

- I would like to know if we're going to be homeless when we move to DC. HA! :-) I'm just kidding, we won't be homeless but I still haven't heard if we got the town home for SURE. Although everything has been approved according to my real estate agent I haven't been given the 100% go ahead! Which I need to schedule the movers! I'm a HUGE planner so a week of not knowing is killing me!

All in all I'm glad to be done traveling and am a little closer to making the final move, although the closer it gets the more nervous I get! Hopefully all of the glitches will be worked out and everything will go smoothly! I hope you're all having a great week!!!

Also one last question....

Where did you get your child's nursery bedding?
(Places other than Pottery Barn Kids, I have one picked out there already, just want some other ideas!)

Or if you don't have a child then where do you look for cute bedding? I'm not a fan of typical "baby-ish" decor. AKA no flowers, butterfly's, animals...just cutsey not super expensive bedding!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

JCP actually has some really cute options that are similar looks to some of the PB ones.

You will get the place here so don't worry! IF all else fails, you know where your last resort to stay is! ;) It will actually look quite different by the time you get here, I think.

Focus on taking care of baby!! :)
-Dana

kimert said...

LOVE the bows!!! I wish I had that kind of talent because it sure wuold have saved me a lot of $$ spent on bows for my dd.

Cute pups!!!
I hope the 3 hr glucose test goes well.
I think I got my daughter's baby bedding at Eddie Bauer years ago (she's 8) when they had a home store.
My son's came from BRU but it was just their basic line of solids and gingham.

Lauren said...

My friend from back home has her own Line http://www.maddieboobedding.com/, Gwen Stefani used her when she had a kid in 2008! Its great stuff when i was growing up she made stuff for us (sister and I) and even named a collection after us. Its really cute!

Texas Girl said...

Love the update! Praying for the home buying to go smoothly with news soon! As far as bedding...it's cheaper, and usually cuter, if you find the fabric you want at like JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby and then find a seamstress who'll make it for you. The lady we found will make all of the bedding and curtains and anything else we'd like for the room. Good luck! Can't wait to hear what you have planned for the nursery!

Candler said...

Don't worry about having a place to live if your housing situation doesn't work out. I've already told David he can borrow my tent. It's 1 bed/0 bath and about 36 square feet. It's also got central air and an orange door with a very fashionable silver zipper. It's move in ready !!

I mean seriously, what about that doesn't sound good.

allie-mac-fallie said...

oh girl! so much news and mostly good :)
let me see if I can make this the worlds longest comment because I want to comment on EVERYTHING ha :-P
First of all- welcome back to TX! Tell it hi for me... I sure do miss it (some) ha!
Also, LOVING the new bows... I did finally buy some material and 100 clips but have I started on any of them yet? NO! so maybe I should just buy mine from you! hah Can you tell me again where you got the "pattern" to make them? I just can't seem to get myself motivated enough to start! ugh! Do you make multiple bows with the same ribbon? I was wondering once I made one what do I do with the rest of the ribbon in that pattern? any thoughts...? Also, where did you get your elastic band that you clipped the bows to?
That smoothie looks delish! we were at cosco today but only purchased gas because we were too hot to actually do any shopping at that point ha!
About your crib bedding... you know I have been asking myself the SAME question... if your taste is anything like mine I have found some SUPER cute things at Target- just search the Shabby Chic line... but theres a catch-- all of the bedding that I have found on there and fell in love with is currently "unavailable"-- in fact, I just emailed the company tonight asking if it had been discontinued or if it was just out of stock and when I might could get my hands on it... my favorite is the Lady Rose, Cherry Blossom (but I dont like the bedskirt that comes with that one) and another one I love is the baby patchwork crib collection. But anyways, maybe check Target online (in the stores its all the stuff you dont like haha or at least I dont, the butterflies, stars, monkey, etc... ha! I cant wait to see your dresser also!
Sorry about your camera-- have you tried to slide the little bar on your memory card over? or is it just getting stuck in that position? I hate that you would have to buy a new card but luckily those are less expensive than a new camera. right? trying to look on the positive side here.
Sorry about your glucose screening too... my doc told me to eat whatever too but I was so scared I didn't eat anything except for a granola bar... then my test came back and said I have a low blood count... I keep wondering if thats because I had barely eaten anything all day because I was too scared to! ha It seems like if its not one thing its another- I'm sure you will be fine with the second test though :) just stinks you have to do it.
As for your finding a home... as with everything remember that GOD WILL PROVIDE! He has promised us this over and over in the bible and I just have to keep telling myself that and reminding myself of the scripture. With K not having a full time job lined up for 3 weeks from now and our home in TX not being rented yet its easy to get caught up in the "what if's" of negativity. Take courage in knowing that God will provide and I will be praying for you as well. I know how stressful things are being pregnant AND moving but I know that when its all said and done and we have our little girls to hold it will all be so worth it! Just gotta keep your eye on the prize ;) hehe
Okay, I think I will give you a break for now haha :) PS i just love reading your blog and keeping up with you-- I cant wait to see a new bump pic soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...