11.18.2011

Friday Thoughts and Tater Tots

As I sit on the couch blogging someone is doing this...

HALLELUJAH!
Oh nap time...you were missed yesterday!

We had a great night last night as well! Emma Claire slept from 12am-3am and then from 4:30am-6:30am and then from 7am-9am! I am one happy mama!

Cuddling with my sweet girl after a great night. Please ignore the super messy hair/no make-up look that I've got going on now ;-)

And I just couldn't resist sharing this picture. I took this yesterday in the midst of our horrendous day HA! Just goes to show that even with no sleep at night, no naps during the day, and an extremely fussy little girl there are still moments of joy.

A bunch of you asked about my daily bible verse emails I get so I'm going to share where they come from. If you go to http://www.mybibleverseoftheday.com/ you can enter your email and get the bible verse of the day along with a devotion sent to you each day!

I also had questions about my tater tot casserole that I made the other day! Here's the recipe!

Tater Tot Casserole

Ingredients

Yellow Onion
1 clove of Garlic
1lb of Ground Beef
Bag of Frozen Peas
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
Milk (I just added until the consistency was what I wanted)
1 Bag of Tater Tots
Cheese

Directions

1. Brown ground beef.
2. Bake tater tots according to instructions on bag.
3. Dice yellow onion and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent.
4. Add beef to onions and garlic mixture.
5. Add peas and cream of mushroom soup. Mix well.
6. Add milk until the consistency is somewhat watery. (Sorry for no "exact" measurement!)
7. Crumble half of tater tots and add to casserole mixture.
8. Pour mixture into baking dish.
9. Top with remaining tater tots and cheese.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

While this post was being written I was interrupted by a heck of a diaper (thanks Emma Claire), a puppy seizure (thank you Dixie) AND puppy throw-up (thank you again Dixie). May I mention that the puppy seizure and throw up were simultaneous...that was splendid. On a better note I got a package from Polkadot Posies which is always fun! This is where I get all of miss Emma Claire's BIG bows! I made a lot of bows for her but many of them are patterned and can't be worn every day, so when I need solid colors I go to Polkadot Posies! They're VERY affordable and they ship super fast! I placed my order YESTERDAY and it was here this morning! And no...I was not paid to say all of that ;-) I am just really excited to get another set of bows!


I'm so excited because we have friends visiting us this weekend! The Hubster's very best friend, Candler, and his sweet girlfriend, Alecia, are here staying with us!

Aren't they so cute?! :-)

One last thing...the Hubster is getting off work "early" tonight!!! Instead of leaving at 6:30pm he gets to come home at 4pm! YAY! Now with his commute he'll still get home pretty late but it will be earlier than this whole week!

Whew...that was a VERY random post!

I hope you have a great weekend!!!



7 comments:

jessica said...

aww little emma claire is so precious.

Cheerful Homemaker said...

I'm sitting around in my bathrobe still and my little guy will be a month old tomorrow. :) We're dealing with a growth spurt this week so he just wants to eat and snuggle. I can handle that, so long as he sleeps at night!

MarlaJen said...

You look beautiful! I love how she's snuggled up to you. Oh, how i miss that!

I made your crockpot applesauce this week. We had a busy night at church, so I cooked it all day, then we had an early dinner of applesauce and leftover chicken. My girls were thrilled at such a different dinner, and they devoured it! My oldest just finished off the applesauce for breakfast this morning. Even my husband loved it. So good!

cait said...

ah I'm living this right now! :) your night sleep times seem about like ours! whew, what a whirlwind...but definitely a blessing!

Emily Powell said...

so glad today is going better for you. Just remember to not stress. I regret that so much! I was such a huge stress ball.

Kristen said...

Thanks for the recipe Mallorie, sounds yummy!! :)

allie-mac-fallie said...

Yay for good nights and new hair bows and a hubby home early!!! :) what a great Friday! Y'all hav a good weekend ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...