I think one of the most fun parts of being pregnant has been shopping for clothes for the little miss. Recently my mom and I discovered a new store that has stolen my heart. Once Upon a Child is a children's store where they sell gently used clothing and accessories. Oh. My. Gosh. Y'all. My mom and I spent hours looking through the clothes and found LOTS of great goodies!
Just like with furniture or any "used" goods you have to look for a while to find a gem. I found some great outfits that were hardly worn and some with tags on them! I am a HUGE fan of smocked dresses but they can run anywhere from $50-$150 in boutiques, I got several for just a few dollars at Once Upon a Child! Here are a few of my cute finds...
Polo Dress WITH tags! How darling is this?!
New...$24
Their price...$9.50, BUT it was 50% off! So it was about $5 with tax!
This may be one of my favorites :-) It's a smocked Friedknit Creations baby dress. LOVE. Only $4!
Here's another smocked dress, this one is just so sweet!
Brand new carters outfit for $2!
LOVE this one! Only $3!
My mom and I are addicted to this store now! I have two HUGE bags full of sweet little outfits and the most I spent on a single item was $5! To all of the expectant/new mama's...if you haven't been here you HAVE to go!!! You can visit their website to find a store near you! I was lucky and had very nice and clean stores in my area, I hope they're all like that!!! Oh! And you can sell baby clothes there too!!! So once you're done with all of the baby clothes you could make a little cash if you wanted!
3 comments:
You can also get some great finds at a Just Between Friends sale. Check out their website jbfsale.com to see if there is a locale close to where you will be moving. Dressing girls is so much fun!
If you're still in Texas, theres also kid 2 kid. It's the exact same thing as once upon a child, just a different name. I'm so glad you learned about them before having a kid, it'll save you SO much money. And it's great for toys too! Our kid 2 kid had a deal this morning where you got a grocery sack and whatever you could fit into it (of certain marked items) you got for 8 bucks. I got a BUNCH of stuff, it was great!
yes, yes! i have been there and LOVE the store... I am trying to stop buying so many clothes though for fear she wont get to wear them all...
I have also found that the childrens place (online and in store) has an amazing clearance and I have signed up for their emails so I am always getting coupons for 20, 30 or 50% off of their things... go look now, i mean dont, i mean do haha JK :) they do have a great sale though-- got some swim suits for 5 dollars and some cute sun hats for 2 dollars!! eee! so fun! :)
Post a Comment