2.03.2011

They will run and not grow weary...

Hello everyone, it's been a long time! I've been so busy with teaching, lesson planning, running and life in general. Not to mention fighting off some nasty First Grade germs...which I imagine look something like this....



Thankfully I am feeling SO much better now!

Each day I have fallen more and more in love with my First Grade class, not their yucky little germs though! They are precious and I literally spend all day laughing at their funny personalities. This age is just such a sweet time, they're constantly hugging me and drawing me picutres. Today I even had a little boy complete a groundhogs day word search and when he was done he said, "I made this for you!". He even used his gel pens, just for me I'm sure ;-) In case you weren't aware, gel pens are THE big thing to have in First Grade.

While I was battling my nasty sick germs I ran another Half Marathon! My friend Jamie ran with me, although she finished much quicker than my sickey self. It was her first half and I'm so proud of her!!!

Here we are before the race! :-)


Jamie running!


Three words that sum up this race...heat, humidity, and HILLS!

Here I am crossing the finish line...my face is super excited because my wonderful parents surprised me and came down to watch me finish!!! :-) I have the best parents, I just love them!!!


How cute are they? I was so happy to see them after that long run!

My beautiful "congratulations presents" from the future hubster! He's so sweet and supportive. I am so lucky!

"But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Congratulations on running the half marathon!!

Jamie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this blog post! You are too cute! I am so proud of you too for sticking through the race! When will you guys come to Houston? We miss you guys already! Stay warm :)

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

LOVE this Scripture.

I am great at sprinting. My stamina, however, could use some help. I have an eclipse machine that I really should use (need Cardio for my high cholesterol), but somehow find "other" things to do.

You inspire me! :)

Unknown said...

We can be tired, weary and emotionally distraught, but after spending time alone with God, we find that He injects into our bodies energy, power and strength. See the link below for more info.


#weary
www.matreyastudios.com

Unknown said...

I just wanna say thank you for sharing the content and wish you all the best for your website and your whole team.

www.imarksweb.org

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...