9.15.2011

Broken Phone, Bows, and Bread

Have I gotten out of my pajamas today? Nope, not yet. Do I plan on putting real clothes on before the Hubster comes home from work...of course :-) Just after I finish this post...because before you know it he'll be coming home to this...


Today I had a VERY relaxed day at home, I'm enjoying days like these before the little one decides to make an appearance! After getting up before the sun to make the Hubster's lunch and breakfast I took a little nap and then I managed to have a pretty productive day! I did three loads of laundry, got some cleaning done, worked on Emma Claire's bow collection, and enjoyed having all of the windows open as the cool front came through! Wait, I'm forgetting something...oh yes, that's right...I managed to wash my PHONE along with my laundry. :-( Yep. I accidentally tossed my phone in with the white load. I realized it as it became submerged, pulled it out and instantly took it apart.

I just hope I got to it in time...

This afternoon I sat down and covered a bunch of alligator clips with ribbon so I could attach them to bows I made a while ago!


My bow workstation was quite the scene this afternoon.

Here's a question to all of you Mommas with little girls...and therefore those of you who have lots of bows/accessories! Even if you don't have a little girl...if you have an idea of what to do please share!

How do you store your girl's bowbands/headbands?
I have Emma Claire's bow holder done and that's another post ;-) But I have NO idea how to store these suckers...


In other news I'm celebrating the cool front that's coming in this afternoon by baking this!

Yum! It smells really good as it's baking! Now to go get cleaned up and figure out what sort of "fall" dinner we can have tonight!!!



10 comments:

Emily Powell said...

all of her bows go on her bow holder which is attached to the outside of her armoire. The headbands are all in a small basket inside the armoire so the entire "hair station" is in one location. Easy peasy!

Texas Girl said...

Let me know what you find out about the bands...I'm have the same dilema

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

Loved the comic. It's true you know. Lol. ;)

Your poor phone. I mean, poor you! Hope it's okay. I once "let" mine go for a swim in a giant glass of lemonade. It didn't make it. :(

Considering my daughter wouldn't keep anything in her hair for about 4 years...(ugh)...we just keep her hairbands in a little decorative box on the dresser. Her bows (which I made, too!) go on a holder that I made.

Can't wait to see what you came up with!

By the way, talk of Fall around me is strictly forbidden. It's 95 here and you are upsetting me. And don't even THINK of posting pictures of the Fall leaves when that starts happening. If our trees here change colors, it's because they're diseased.

Heehee.

Sophisticated Steps

Laura said...

Put your phone in a bag of dry rice! The rice absorbs the moisture. It saved my iPhone!

Greer's Gossip said...

Sounds like a great day!! I just bought that same pumpkin bread a few minutes ago. I can't wait to bake it!!

Emily said...

Visiting for the first time :)

I have a 3 1/2 month old (Lucy) and I just store her bows, flowers and headbands in a drawer. Yes, we need an entire drawer :)

Come visit us - Lucy especially.
www.fleisherfam.blogspot.com

kimert said...

I keep my own hair accessories and other items in a little rubbermaid 3 drawer container on my bathroom counter. Not the prettiest little thing but it serves it's purpose! I also have a hook that I keep my awesome runnign headbands on.

Lori said...

What a great day... well, except for washing the phone. Very cute bows too!

Marcie said...

Good Luck on saving your phone. I tried the rice and a blow dryer and nothing worked! Just be glad yours was in the washing machine and not the toilet!
I didn't know that you made bows!!! I might put you in buisiness! ha! I am a sucker when it comes to bows!

AndreaLeigh said...

i've seen people take oatmeal containers, cover with scrapbook paper, and put the headbands around the container.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...