Search

Loading...

10.03.2012

Tasty Treat Thursday

This is one of my all time favorite meals and I make it many different ways. I pulled this recipe from my blog archives. And I cracked up reading this post because I made this in our old condo in Waco. And it was served in my OOOOLD bowls! Flashback!


Ingredients

1/2 Yellow Onion
1 Clove Garlic
1lb Chicken
1 Can Diced Tomatoes
1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce
Pasta

Directions

1. Brown chicken in a pan with olive oil, salt, pepper, and basil.


2. Boil water and add pasta to cook! For this recipe I use elbow maccaroni, but you can use whatever you want! :-) As for the amount of pasta...I think I cooked a cup? You can have more/less depending on how many people you're feeding!


3. Dice onion and garlic, add to skillet to sautee with a pat of butter. Cook until onions are tender.


 4. Add diced tomato's to onions and garlic
Allow this mixture to cook until onions are clear. (About 5 minutes)


 5. Add cooked chicken.


6. Add in 1 can of spaghetti sauce. My favorite is Wal-Mart's "Great Value"...I know, it's the cheapest one....but I just love it! I've tried so many other kinds, but I keep coming back to this one!

Here's a little trick that I use when making this recipe...

Add a little bit of water to the jar to get all of the sauce out!

***At this point you can just combine the pasta and sauce and enjoy! I however like to put everything in a casserole dish and top with cheese and bake at 350* for about 10 minutes! This works perfectly if you have bread to warm!***



This also makes it easy to store...just cover with foil, place in the fridge and enjoy the next day! The Hubster actually claims that he likes it even better the next day!!!



YOURNAME

3 comments:

Beth Ann said...

Yum, this looks delish! Will be making!

Matt and Meg said...

That looks so good. I definitely will be trying it! Yummo!

Lyndsey said...

Yep, I will be making this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...